Wedding Day Essentials
Be Prepared for Little Problems with a Wedding Day Emergency Kit
The best type of maid of honor is like a boyscout – always prepared and always helpful. To earn your merit badge, put together a bridal emergency kit, full of those oh–so–useful things everyone seems to want on the day of the big event, but no one has – except you!
- Sewing kit, including safety pins and small scissors
- Clear nail polish (helpful for stocking runs)
- Nail file
- Makeup (you'll probably have this there anyway!)
- Extra stockings
- Static–cling spray
- Lint brush
- Earring backs
- Baby powder (also useful for getting out last–minute spills on a white dress)
- Eye–drops (look for redness reducing)
- Contact lens solution
- Acid relief
- Smelling salts
- Femininee products
- Headache medicine (bring two different kinds in case one of the bridal party is allergic)
If you’re getting dressed in a place that won't have a bathroom near, you’ll also want to bring a mirror, bottle of water and moist towelettes.
Good extras: charged cell phone, camera for taking getting dressed candids, list of vendors phone numbers, wristwatch.